Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Blessings of a hilltop sanctuary

Earth has risen from its slumber and donned verdant attire. The view from the hilltop both heals and inspires me. Everything is alive and busy fulfilling the opportunities presented. This is my favorite time, when the introspection of winter gives way to action. The months spent pondering need to find purpose or it will just be forgotten. The hilltop is my refuge, sanctuary, and classroom. I love this hill where I come to sit, to observe, to pray, to relax. I can see so far away... the glory of sunrises, the beauty of sunsets, the full moon rising at day's end and setting serenely at dawn, storms gathering in the distance, holiday fireworks in at least 5 towns, the natural world going about its business... it is so wonderful and enriching here. I offer tobacco, burn sage and cedar, pray and listen. Some of my father's ashes are scattered here. Just down the hill is an orchard planted when my youngest was born. The house, the creek, the memories woven through time... they are precious to me. This place is so dear to my heart. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have spent time here learning and living and finding my way along the good path. It has been a healing balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment